How long will it take for me to get my document(s) back?
- First Review: within 10 days of submission/payment.
- Final Review: within 3 days of client revisions submitted back to Chilombo Careers.
Who is actually reviewing and revising my documents?
- Vanessa Da Costa, the owner of Chilombo Careers, currently reviews all documents and fulfills all services.
Do you create the documents from scratch?
- No. Chilombo Careers doesn’t offer writing from scratch services. However our services are very detailed and thorough. We edit, comment, revise, restructure, reformat, reword, and rewrite when needed!
Can you connect me to an organization or recruiter?
- No. Chilombo Careers does not offer any recruiting services. We are here to help you improve your application, provide career advice and coaching, and connect you to resources developed by us as well as by others.
Do you offer free consultations?
- No. Due to time limitations and demands, free consultations are no longer available. If you would like to have a discussion or chat, schedule a 30 minute one-on-one consultation. This is $30.
I would like a membership but it isn’t affordable for me right now. Are there any options to pay in installments?
- Yes! We now offer payment plans in 3 month installment. If you’d like this option, contact me so we can set that up.
I have a few quick questions, can I just text them to you or call you quickly to chat?
- For more than just an occasional yes or no answer, a 30 minute consultation call is required. Vanessa receives a lot of questions from former and current clients via text, and due to time limitations, she cannot answer ad hoc texts and calls.
Do you only provide services to Public Health Students and Professionals?
- No, my services are open to all, however my primary target group is Public Health Students and Professionals, because Public Health is my area of expertise.
What makes you qualified to provide career development services and how can I ensure that your services are worth it?
- Vanessa is self-taught, and was providing free services to mentees, friends, and peers for 4 years prior to starting Chilombo Global Career Services LLC.
- Vanessa has an impressive track record of assisting 70+ clients, with over a third of them (and counting!) landing a highly coveted job or admission into graduate school. Most of Vanessa’s clients come from referrals from highly satisfied with her services. Check out reviews here.
Is Chilombo Global Career Services a For-Profit Company?
- Yes. However Chilombo Careers is dedicated to giving back and paying it forward. 5% of all services purchased are donated towards Africa’s Tomorrow, an organization that supports women from rural African communities to pursue university degrees in the U.S.
Can you come speak at my school or host a resume workshop?
- Of course! I offer both in-person and remote speaking engagements. Please check out the Speaker page for details.
What if I would like a career development service that you don’t offer?
- I am happy to refer you to a colleague who may offer that service or discuss a plan to provide that service to you.
I would like to partner with Chilombo Careers, is this feasible?
- Yes! Chilombo Careers loves partnerships! Feel free to contact me with your idea for collaboration/proposal.
What target groups do you serve?
- My services are open to all, however most of my clientele are:
- Black Women
- Returned or Current Peace Corps Volunteers
- Recent MPH Graduates
- Current MPH-level Students
- Bachelor’s in Public Health Graduates
Any other questions-send me an email! Vanessa@chilomboglobalcareerservices.com