Vanessa’s Online Features:
- Checkout episode #115: Interview with Vanessa Chilombo Da Costa, MPH, Global Epidemiologist and Entrepreneur, where I discuss my global health experience and provide career advice on the Public Health Epidemiology Careers Podcast.
- Want to see the day in the life of a Global Epidemiology Fellow and hear some impromptu career advice? Checkout my Public Health Gladiators Instagram Takeover.
- How to succeed in your post-MPH career search: A Recent Graduate’s Perspective, is a blog post I wrote for PH SPOT. It includes 10 tips to jumpstart your career after getting your Master of Public Health Degree.
- Alumni Spotlight: Vanessa Da Costa is a blog post on the Department of Epidemiology Rollins School of Public Health at Emory University blog The Confounder. I discuss how my coursework and work experiences while in graduate school prepared me for the work I do in my current job.
- The Global Health Job Database is a FREE database I created of over 90 public health related organizations and companies and over 15 online learning platforms. Email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the database password.
- The Data Software Library is a FREE resource I created with documents to self-learn and improve skills in programs such as SAS, R, Excel, SQL, and more! If you would like to contribute, email me your resources.
- The Job Application Tracker Template is a FREE organizational excel template that can be used to keep track of the positions you apply to. Feel free to download this and personalize it!
- Looking to hold yourself accountable to your professional and personal goals? For only $5 you can purchase Goal Trek! A monthly Goal Tracker designed in Excel by Chilombo Global Career Services.
Resources by Other Public Health Professionals:
- The Public Health Epidemiology Careers Podcast is a podcast developed and ran by Dr CH Huntley, MPH, PhD, It includes over 100 weekly episodes about academic and career related insights from a variety of professionals in the field of Public Health.
- The Tools for Career Success: 101 Answers to FAQs about Public Health is a go-to book of resource guides self-published by LaTonya Bynum, MPH, CHES. The book includes over 101 tips, strategies and tools for public health students, graduates and professionals. Autographed copies are available for $25. For a preview of the book, visit Google Books. The book is available via Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Books A Million.
- The Public Health/STEM Programs Document is a google document developed and maintained by Frances Dean, BS. This includes resources tailored to U.S. based degree and job seekers for scholarships, internships, fellowships, and other opportunities.
Resources by Other Companies:
- Having trouble identifying websites to spearhead your job search? Check out this Consumer’s Advocate article: the 10 Best Job Search Sites Based on In-Depth Reviews. Many of my recommended job search engines are on here!
- Jobscan is used to boost your chances of getting an interview by scanning your resume or cover letter against a job description. Check it out!
Would you like your resource to be featured on here? Send me an email.